|The Kühn Choir of Prague
The Kühn Choir of Prague has been part of the classical music scene for the past fifty years. It was established in 1959 when male voices were incorporated into what was originally a female chamber choir, set up in 1958 by Pavel Kühn (1938-2003) while he was still a student of Prague’s Academy of Music.
The choir gradually became a pioneer in the performance of a cappella works of world Romanticism, both on the concert platform and in recording studios (Brahms, Schumann, Bruckner, R. Strauss, Reger, among others).
Apart from winning various international choral competitions – e.g. in Italy and Hungary – the choir also demonstrated its high standard of performance in the oratorio and cantata repertoire, which it developed chiefly in close collaboration with the Prague Symphony Orchestra.